STUDENTS’ UNION GOVERNMENT, FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC EDE
A call for protest on 28th of January 2019
Combatant greeting from the zenith of almighty federal polytechnic ede student union, to all courageous stakeholders and powerful comrades.
The students union government federal polytechnic ede is in state of melancholy and disatisfaction for the strike benching students at home. The present state of educational call for sober reflection.
As a matter of fact, this great institution is growing on a faster pace in terms of development and academic excellence. One must pay kudos to the management team ably led by Dr J.T Adekolawole for the fastest growing Polytechnic in Nigeria for the cooperation, understanding and togetherness to put this polytechnic forward. It is a privilege and honor to be part of this polytechnic and we shall continue to be of good conducts and a good ambassadors of the Federal Polytechnic ede.
We planned to solidarize with ASUP in claiming for their position and wants from federal government in conjunction with NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF POLYTECHNIC STUDENTS (NAPS) but the struggle was truncated and postponed till further notice as directive given to us by NAPS official with cogent reasons.
We recognize that we are real pivot of national unity of this country. It is our unshakeable belief that we the students of today are the potential leaders of this great nation and so we dedicated to ensuring that the legacy of national foundation on which we are supposed to inherit and build upon, is not a sandy one.
The students union is well recognise as the most strongest with highest population in the institution community and it’s executives are one of the tangible stakeholders know for as official mouthpiece of the Nigerian students and last hope for the masses (students). Which they are to be specially recognised with proper care.
The students union and it’s members are not treated in a concern way, on that, the students union hereby present the following demands.
1. We demand that our school (FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC EDE) should opt out from this on going strike and join the league of some healthy living school like YABATECH, ILARO POLY and likes. Because the strike has injured the fitted academic and technology robot and substitute it with lame and cripple one. The strike has migrate some of our ladies to Olosho (harlot) and some of our holy men to internet gangster (yahoo yahoo).
2. We demand for termination of appointment of MR UMAR the DIRECTOR OF WORKS for his non challant to the students union want, obnoxious policy, incompetent and lackadaisical of duty to the student union.
3. The present state of our students union vehicle is not satisfactory enough to the taste of the union, we hereby demand for brand new bus with monthly approved fueling litres of the vehicle.
4. To engage the students union executive to the committee that will scrutinise the fund paid by students to all units concerned.
5. Due to epileptic state of the power supply, that drastically affect students in the hall of residence, we demand for the extension of Generator supply in the afternoon and in the night for the ease of our students at the school hostel.
However, we are waiting for our listening management to critically insight on our demands and profer a productive remedy by putting the students demands into swift action.
As we are marching round the polytechnic community come 28th of January 2019.
We hereby call upon the faculty presidents, department presidents, association presidents, stakeholders, freedom fighters, activist, press and students to converge in front of the students union building as we are marching for peaceful protest to the administrative block to register our plight as mentioned above, where the protest will be a catalyst to accelerate the swift response to our demands.
And as well, all the school entrance gates will be shut and all activities will be stopped till our wants are put into consideration.
We urge the students to maintain the orderliness and softthread the protest to be of the most peaceful one without vandalising any of our properties. The students are expected to participate in course for emancipation.
No feed back, no stability.
Dare to struggle, dare to win
THE STUDENTS’ UNION
FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC EDE
_Advocate crew led by *Amb. Rufai Lukman (SIWES)*_